Friday 23 July 2010

Poorly kept secrets...

So here we are... once again.

September the 4th 2010 marks the opening of this year's Hair Fair, and I - like doubtlessly dozens, if not hundreds of other hair designers - am in the process of deciding what the heck to build for this year.... Well five styles... and I have five dedicated sections in store. The logic is obvious... you'd think...

Last year I tried to run a big simultaneous release to go along with Hair Fair, throwing out... erm... can't remember exactly; but I think it was sixteen styles - 5 at HF, the rest in store to see if that would trigger some business - but basically it fell flat - lost in the furore of the 'big reveal' from 124 other designers.

So anyway - here I am trying to think of how to best drum up some sales without actually telling you anything ahead of time about what it is precisely I'm actually building.

...its frustrating, believe you me.

Anyway... speaking of drumming up business; The second Crazy Arse Hair Hunt is under way - and I thought it was about time I flashed the style I've thrown in. Its another new sculpted dread - Aeshna - Which for the event is featured in snakeskin. The regular dreaded textures will be out in a few days when I've had a chance to clone and box them. The snakeskin texture used here is a wonderful seamless one available from Rose English on Deviant Art. She's been really kind and made it available for use for anything... All she wants is a credit, so credit where credit's due...


More pics and details as and when its live...

And regarding Hair Fair? Well... details when the moritorium's lifted... ;)

Until next time,

Kalli

No comments: