Friday 5 September 2008

EDITORIAL: My evil twin...

I've been flipping through the web, doing what I often do - being a little OCD and seeing whether anyone has been blogging my stuff; when I came across an article in Strange Pixels entitled "A tale of Two Discords".

The author talks about how there is more than one shop in SL called Discord or something of that ouvre... well... this is indeed true... there is... or more grammatically correctly, there are. Just to make matters worse, they both sell hair.

«Discord» (with guillemets on either side) is a Japanese hair, equipment and clothing place founded in April 2007 by Orange Meili. Discord Designs, my place, opened it's doors in June, but I was trading under the name from February, doing commission work through the Second Life forum.

Who gets to use the name? Well... we both do... despite it causing some confusion as to who makes what. I guess we could thrash it out between ourselves, but I don't speak a word of Japanese, and after standing for forty minutes in the same room as Orange, I don't think he speaks much english.

A case of live and let live I say... but if he sends any customers my way, I'm sure I'm sending as many his... and his stuff is both high quality and very reasonably priced. I have a few outfits from his range and to be honest, I think for the prices I paid for them, I couldn't be more pleased.

Keep up the good work!

Until next time,

Kalli

No comments: