Tuesday 22 January 2008

Dawning realisation, and the pleasant sound of the bottom dropping out of the world...

Well... This all started yesterday when I looked at Kiriyama and thought "this is absolute crap... I cant do what I want with my textures..."

Then it struck me.. I've been using what were and are basically off the peg ones for nigh on a year... and they suck... they don't look at all realistic and it makes my work look like poo.

So I've bitten the bullet and gone back to square one... except this time making my own textures using the ones I have been using as a base. the results have been surprising so far...



Oh crap... I thought... that's like 1000% better.

Sadly this holds true for Oscar and Zoe II as well...

So now, dear reader, I have no choice but to do something ridiculous... SCRAP THE ENTIRE SHOP STOCK AND START AGAIN.

I mean it... I want to look good... I want the products to look good and right now, they look like crap compared to how they could be. So I'll go back to the prototypes, clone up and work with what's in-store to rebrand and relaunch... except this time looking good.

I'll have help, fortunately, and I'll be looking to rework the palette slightly... so if you have any suggestiongs, you know where to leave them.

Until next time...

a rather freaked Kalli

No comments: